Five Forks to Windy Edge
115 kV Line Rebuild
Miles of Line
- BGE is responsible for maintaining the safety and reliability of its electric system and achieves this through the inspection and maintenance of its existing transmission lines.
- The existing “Five Forks to Windy Edge” transmission line is an overhead line that was originally built in the 1910s.
- This project resolves aging infrastructure issues by addressing lattice tower, foundation, hardware and conductor concerns.
- BGE is rebuilding the existing 115kV transmission line that runs between the Five Forks Substation Harford County, MD and the Windy Edge Substation in Baltimore County, Maryland.
- Overall project length is approximately 20 miles.
- The scope of this project is to replace the existing (2) single-circuit transmission lines, with a new double-circuit monopole transmission line.
- Segment 3A (Harford County)
Jun 2022: Mobilization
Jul 2022 – Nov 2022: Install Foundations, Monopole Erections & Wire Stringing
Dec 2022: Structure Demolition, Site Restoration
- Segment 2
Aug 2022: Install Foundations
- Segment 3B (Baltimore County)
Oct 2022 – Mar 2023: Install Foundations, Monopole Erections & Wire Stringing
Apr 2023: Structure Demolition, Site Restoration
Left-Click and DRAG Slider Bar to Reveal Existing and Proposed Conditions
The Five Forks to Windy Edge proposed transmission poles match the proposed Five Forks to Maryland Line transmission poles, as displayed in this photo simulation: View looking north from Whiteford Rd. This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes.
Viewpoint Location Map
Construction sequence graphics are intended to provide an overview of the typical construction sequence for a project. These graphics are used to give stakeholders a general idea of what to expect regarding this project’s construction process and effort. This project is subject to PSC approval and design changes.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact BGE at email@example.com and refer to the Five Forks to Windy Edge 115 kV Line Rebuild Project. Please include your name and address for prompt follow-up.