Finksburg to Westminster
115 kV Line Rebuild
Miles of Line
The proposed Project is required to improve safety and reliability for communities, and to maintain critical infrastructure.Aging Infrastructure
- Extensive bird hole damage requiring wood pole replacements, stream encroachment, steel structure and hardware degradation.
Substantial Site Access Constraints
- Portions are “land locked” between the North Branch of the Patapsco River and a railroad line with no clear access paths.
- Steep terrain creates access challenges with needed maintenance and construction equipment.
- Various locations are not accessible for routine maintenance and emergent issues.
Significant Environmental Challenges
- Unavoidable Environmental Crossings: (9) wetlands; (5) tributary streams; (1) temp bridge crossing of upper West Branch – N. Branch Patapsco River; (4) Floodplains
- Rebuild/replace existing structures with new structures over 12 miles between Finksburg and Westminster Substations in Carroll County, Maryland.
- Westminster Substation Serves 27,000 customers
- Finksburg Substation Serves 23,000 customers
- Will be provided as it becomes available.
If you have any questions about this project, please contact BGE at email@example.com and refer to the Finksburg to Westminster 115 kV Line Rebuild Project. Please include your name and address for prompt follow-up.